6 important characteristics to look for in an Salt Lake City bankruptcy attorney
The demand for bankruptcy services in Utah is among the highest per capita in the country, meaning that lots of people are looking for help. Also, finding a Salt Lake City bankruptcy attorney is easy considering how many options you have. The hard part is deciding which attorney you want to work with to file bankruptcy and get a fresh start.
Here are 6 factors that you should consider as you pick an attorney:
- Experience: The more experience the attorney has, the better. Experienced attorneys have successful outcomes and don’t make mistakes that rookie attorneys make.
- Prices: Attorneys that charge too little or too much either give poor service or take advantage of you. Mid-level prices mean that you get good service at a competitive rate.
- Personality: The more you like your attorney’s personality, the easier it will be for you to share your personal information with him or her and go through the bankruptcy process together.
- Law Firm Size: Smaller firms generally charge fairer rates and give more personalized service.
- Free Consultation: Expect the attorney to willingly give their time to evaluate your situation and propose solutions without compensation.
- Locally Based: Having your attorney live within an hour or so of your location gives you peace of mind, knowing you can always easily meet in person if necessary.
Learn more about our Salt Lake City bankruptcy attorney, Todd Sessions.