Salt Lake City Bankruptcy Process
What to Expect During Your Salt Lake City Bankruptcy
Going through bankruptcy can be frightening, but if you know what to expect it won’t be. Here’s what to expect during the course of your Salt Lake City bankruptcy and how one of our expert attorneys can help.
- Your Free Consultation: The best way to start is by sitting down with an experienced Salt Lake City bankruptcy attorney. During this meeting you can explore your options and find out if bankruptcy is right for you.
- Complete the Credit Counseling Course: Before filing for bankruptcy, the court requires all debtors to complete a credit counseling course that helps you be certain if bankruptcy is right for you. Your Salt Lake City bankruptcy attorney will get you signed up for the course.
- File for Salt Lake City Bankruptcy: If you decide to file for bankruptcy, your Salt Lake City bankruptcy attorney will help you decide between chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcy, prepare all the necessary paperwork, and ensure that you file with the court correctly.
- Complete The Debtor Education Course: This is the second course the court requires all debtors to complete after filing for bankruptcy. It will help you start your new financial life right.
- The 341 Meeting: Here, you meet with your creditors, you will list your debts and assets, and the trustee will distribute your non-exempt assets to your creditors. Your Salt Lake City bankruptcy attorney will defend you and your property in this meeting.
- Debt Discharge: Congratulations! You are free from debt and ready to begin your new life of financial stability.